Start or Expand Your Career in Cybersecurity with the Security+ Certification, Highly Sought by Employers
CompTIA Security+ Certification Training
Available Live In-Person or Live Online
Includes the Following:
- Exam Pass Guarantee
- Exam Voucher
- Expert training by working cybersecurity professionals
- Lunch, snacks, beverages, and networking opportunities
- Digital and Print materials
This CompTIA Security+ Exam Preparation course includes a FREE Exam voucher. This Security+ training is recommended if your job responsibilities include securing network services, devices, or traffic in your organization. The primary focus of this course is to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination. In this training, you will build on your knowledge and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement security services on any type of computer network.
If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) certification examination, this course will be a significant part of your preparation and will positively increase your ability to pass the exam. Certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of cyber security though. Today's job market demands individuals with both knowledge and demonstrable skills. The information and activities in this training help you build cyber security skills so you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related role. Additional skills and credentials, such as the Security+, increase your earning potential and open doors in your career progression.
The CompTIA Security+ Certification is Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 approved for the following Information Assurance (IA) position categories:
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II
- Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I
DoD 8570 is also known as the IA Workforce Improvement Program. Details on DoD 8570 and other useful information can be found on the HERE.
OVERVIEW and OBjectives
In this course, you will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security:
- Identify the fundamental components of information security.
- Analyze risk.
- Identify various threats to information security.
- Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities.
- Implement security for hosts and software.
- Implement security for networks.
- Manage identity and access.
- Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization.
- Implement security at the operational level.
- Address security incidents.
- Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident.
Lesson 1: Identifying Security Fundamentals
- Identify Information Security Concepts
- Identify Basic Security Controls
- Identify Basic Authentication and Authorization Concepts
- Identify Basic Cryptography Concepts
Lesson 2: Analyzing Risk
- Analyze Organizational Risk
- Analyze the Business Impact of Risk
Lesson 3: Identifying Security Threats
- Identify Types of Attackers
- Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Identify Malware
- Identify Software-Based Threats
- Identify Network-Based Threats
- Identify Wireless Threats
- Identify Physical Threats
Lesson 4: Conducting Security Assessments
- Identify Vulnerabilities
- Assess Vulnerabilities
- Implement Penetration Testing
Lesson 5: Implementing Host and Software Security
- Implement Host Security
- Imp lement Cloud and Virtualization Security
- Implement Mobile Device Security
- Incorporate Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
Lesson 6: Implementing Network Security
- Configure Network Security Technologies
- Secure Network Design Elements
- Implement Secure Networking Protocols and Services
- Secure Wireless Traffic
Lesson 7: Managing Identity and Access
- Implement Identity and Access Management
- Configure Directory Services
- Configure Access Services
- Manage Accounts
Lesson 8: Implementing Cryptography
- Identify Advanced Cryptography Concepts
- Select Cryptographic Algorithms
- Configure a Public Key Infrastructure
- Enroll Certificates
- Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Revoke Certificates
Lesson 9: Implementing Operational Security
- Evaluate Security Frameworks and Guidelines
- Incorporate Documentation in Operational Security
- Implement Security Strategies
- Manage Data Security Processes
- Implement Physical Controls
Lesson 10: Addressing Security Incidents
- Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
- Respond to Security Incidents
- Investigate Security Incidents
Lesson 11: Ensuring Business Continuity
- Select Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Processes
- Develop a Business Continuity Plan
Course includes one (1) CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam Voucher. Voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
NOTE: As soon as the SY0-501 Exam is released, we will update the voucher to this one and update our course content. The 501 exam is scheduled to be released October 4, 2017: https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/security#examdetails
- Description: The CompTIA Security+ certification covers network security, compliance and operation security, threats and vulnerabilities as well as application, data and host security. Also included are access control, identity management, and cryptography.
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 90 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Length of Test: 90 Minutes
- Passing Score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
5 days or 8 nights
Continuing Education Credits
Our Security+ course is offered less than 15 minutes from downtown St. Louis at our O'Fallon, Illinois training facility, located at:
7 Eagle Center, Suite B-5
O'Fallon, IL 62269
We also offer private onsite courses, at your location. We love to travel and will gladly send a trainer to your location. Please Contact Us for more information.
Live, Instructor-Led Training with a dynamic Security+ certified trainer that is a cybersecurity professional. Instructors have real-world experience with the material covered in the CompTIA Security+ course.
This course is delivered in a "hybrid" format, where we have both In-Person and Live Online attendees. This provides a fun, interactive environment where In-Person and Live Online students can easily interact both with each other and the instructor. When you register for the course, you can choose which delivery option works best for you:
- Live In-Person
- Live Online
- June 25-29 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018
- July 16-20 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018
- Live Online Only
- August 6-16 (M-Th nights) (8 nights), 5:30pm - 9:30pm, 2018
- September 10-14 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018
- Oct 29 - Nov 8 (M-Th nights) (8 nights), 5:30pm - 9:30pm, 2018
- December 17-21 (M-F), 8:30am - 4:30pm, 2018